The Kessil H160 Tuna Flora LED is a groundbreaking full spectrum LED refugium light that is intensity and spectrum controllable, perfect for most refugium algaes such as chaetomorpha and caulerpa and most plants.
- The H160 Tuna Flora features four efficient spectrums - blue, grow (purple), bloom (magenta), red - in one single fixture. The light is perfectly blended, with wavelengths including near UVA and Infrared (ranging from 380-780 nm), enhancing photosynthetic efficiency.
- The BLUE spectrum (420 – 490 nm) quickly develops the frame of a plant during every stage by promoting prolific stem extension.
- The GROW spectrum is designed to produce all-around vegetative growth throughout the life cycles of many different plants.
- The BLOOM spectrum boosts yield by encouraging plentiful flowering during the plants' crucial reproductive stage.
- The RED spectrum (650 – 750 nm) is designed for tissue culture and cloning by producing maximum root growth during the plant's whole life. During the finishing stage, the RED spectrum also increases the plants' productivity and the quality of the harvest.
- Dense Matrix LED technology produces a concentrated single point source with enough power to penetrate past the canopy and deliver light to the entire plant. The high-quality optic design ensures minimal light loss and uniform plant growth, perfect for most refugiums as well.
- Easy-to-use intensity and color dials allow the user to switch between the spectrums and adjust intensity from 10% to 100% depending on the phase of the plant growth and thus maximizing flexibility and convenience.
- H160 Tuna Flora fixtures can be controlled with the easy-to-use Spectral Controller and daisy-chained with other Kessil 0~10V controllable lights. With the Spectral Controller custom day-night schedules for plants with differing needs can be created. Manual Mode allows users to tune the light for immediate customization. Users can individually control spectrum and intensity to find the ideal setting. The Quick Set mode allows users to create a repeating 24 hour schedule simply by programming up to 6 points with customized spectrums and intensity. Auto Mode is designed to simplify the growing process of various types of plants. Mimic entire seasons with adjustable critical day length. The H160 Tuna Flora is also compatible with any 0~10V controller.
- The H160 Tuna Flora features advanced thermal management for consistent light output while consuming minimal power and producing less heat than traditional lights.
Dimensions (H x D): 4" x 2.48" (102 x 63 mm)
Weight: 0.88 lb (400 g)
Spectrum: Blue, Grow (Purple), Bloom (Magenta), Red
Coverage: Up to 24" (60 cm) surface diameter
Power Supply: 100-240V AC (input), 19V DC (output)
Power Consumption: 40 W
Scope of delivery:
1x H160 Tuna Flora LED
1x 19V-60W Power Supply
1x Gooseneck Mount
1x Gold Metal Hook
2x Hanging Bracket
For a quarter of a century, DiCon has specialized in making products that direct high-speed laser beams into miniscule, hair size fiber optic cables for the telecom, defense/military, and biomedical sectors.
In the early 2000's, DiCon realized the transition to LEDs was imminent and invested heavily in the technology. As a result, three new business units were created.
DiCon LED pushes the forefront of this movement with its proprietary high density LED array, and DiCon Lighting applies the platform in lighting fixtures for the architectural and entertainment industries.
Specializing in the field of biotope illumination, Kessil®'s story begins in the San Francisco Bay Area, the epicenter of the indoor growing industry.
The innovative ideas and specific experiences of three UC Berkeley graduates and their cooperation with DiCon in various projects were the basis for the foundation of Kessil®. In early 2009, the graduates presented their business proposal to DiCon's management team who accepted the plan right away. The three founders put things into action and defined the initial business direction, designed the first generation prototypes, and performed a few basic experiments. DiCon also invested heavily and provided resources such as a large space for Kessil®'s plant research lab and creating dense matrix LEDs with a variety of spectrums. Kessil®'s staff includes DiCon's top optics experts and senior product designers.
Today, each of DiCon's business divisions are recognized leaders in their respective fields, designing and manufacturing quality products with differentiating technology, advancing photonics knowledge through continuous research, and building customer relations with consistently first-rate service.
We are delighted to now supplement our own range of high-quality LED lights for aquariums with Kessil® LEDs. TUNZE® Aquarientechnik develops and produces highly specialized LED luminaires in PU resin for IP 68 security, that can be used both above and as the only supplier on the market under the water surface in the aquarium. Underwater use results in a significant increase in performance and minimization of electrical losses. Like the TUNZE® pump technology, TUNZE® LEDs are an impressive example of how modern technology and contemporary design in the aquarium can be turned into art.
The symbiosis between the two strong companies Kessil® and TUNZE® offers you the best selection of innovative lighting technology for aquariums and natural biotopes.
What means "Kessil®"?
“K” is for Kelvin, the unit for color temperature.
“E” is for emission of light from an LED.
“SS” derives from carbon capture and stands for energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. With a little trick, "ss" was made out of it.
“I” is for intensity from the Dense Matrix LED
“L” stands for Lambda, the unit for wavelength / spectrum. Kessil® creates very efficient and unique spectrums.
The prices listed in the catalogue are given in USD and contain a value-added tax of 0%. Additional information: