The Kessil AP700 panel-design saltwater aquarium light, features quiet operation, innovative heat management, and efficient, long-lasting LED construction. Its high efficiency Hybrid Optics and Dense Matrix arrays deliver more power and greater coverage while increasing penetration through the water column. This 185 Watt panel platform features flawless touch control to easily adjust intensity and color, and to select the moonlight mode. Built-in WiFi provides even greater control and ease of customization.
- Patented Dense Matrix LED technology concentrates multiple LED chips into a single array, creating a powerful and penetrating light source with wide coverage. The maximum penetration can reach 24" to 30" beyond the water's surface for most reefs. Penetration can be further enhanced by positioning units closer together.
- Dense Matrix LEDs deliver a full color spectrum. Independently adjustable LED channels allow users to set a preferred color while Kessil Logic™ ensures consistent coral growth across the tunable spectrum. With the iPad app, users can choose a range of blue from Deep Ocean Blue to Sky Blue, and can even select other colors such as green, yellow, red and purple for a different aesthetic.
- Different wavelengths within a single LED array are seamlessly blended, emitting a uniform color with widespread coverage.
- For excellent coral growth and coloration, the specially designed lens and reflector combination provides a broader delivery of light and superior penetration (up to 48" of coverage) and virtually eliminates shading while minimizing hot spots.
- Together with a proprietary blend of precision UV light, independently adjustable color channels enable users to tune a preferred color within the spectral range while maintaining the best usable spectrum for coral growth and coloration. Kessil Logic™ maintains consistent output across the spectrum, Sky Blue to Deep Ocean Blue.
- For a mixed reef: Coverage is 48” x 24” hanging 15”-18” above water surface. For an SPS dominant: Coverage is 36” x 24” hanging 5”-7” above water surface.
- WiFi Controllability: The iPad and android tablet apps give users access to advanced manual control and program customization, as well as offering the ability to sync groups of lights. The app features include full color wheel control, acclimation, lunar cycle, weather effects, and more.
- The Kessil shimmer effect gives the tank a beautiful, natural, sunlit look comparable to the shimmer of a Metal Halide fixture. It’s like replicating your own piece of the ocean.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 20" x 6.4" x 1.5" (51 x 16 x 4 cm)
Unit Weight: 4.81 lb / 2.18 kg
Spectrum: Full Color
Coverage: Up to 48" x 24" (122 x 61 cm)
Power Supply: 100-240 V AC (input) 48V DC (output)
Power Consumption: 185 W
Scope of delivery:
1x AP700 LED
1x Power Adapter
1x Adapter Cable
1x DC Extension Cable
1x USB Cable
For a quarter of a century, DiCon has specialized in making products that direct high-speed laser beams into miniscule, hair size fiber optic cables for the telecom, defense/military, and biomedical sectors.
In the early 2000's, DiCon realized the transition to LEDs was imminent and invested heavily in the technology. As a result, three new business units were created.
DiCon LED pushes the forefront of this movement with its proprietary high density LED array, and DiCon Lighting applies the platform in lighting fixtures for the architectural and entertainment industries.
Specializing in the field of biotope illumination, Kessil®'s story begins in the San Francisco Bay Area, the epicenter of the indoor growing industry.
The innovative ideas and specific experiences of three UC Berkeley graduates and their cooperation with DiCon in various projects were the basis for the foundation of Kessil®. In early 2009, the graduates presented their business proposal to DiCon's management team who accepted the plan right away. The three founders put things into action and defined the initial business direction, designed the first generation prototypes, and performed a few basic experiments. DiCon also invested heavily and provided resources such as a large space for Kessil®'s plant research lab and creating dense matrix LEDs with a variety of spectrums. Kessil®'s staff includes DiCon's top optics experts and senior product designers.
Today, each of DiCon's business divisions are recognized leaders in their respective fields, designing and manufacturing quality products with differentiating technology, advancing photonics knowledge through continuous research, and building customer relations with consistently first-rate service.
We are delighted to now supplement our own range of high-quality LED lights for aquariums with Kessil® LEDs. TUNZE® Aquarientechnik develops and produces highly specialized LED luminaires in PU resin for IP 68 security, that can be used both above and as the only supplier on the market under the water surface in the aquarium. Underwater use results in a significant increase in performance and minimization of electrical losses. Like the TUNZE® pump technology, TUNZE® LEDs are an impressive example of how modern technology and contemporary design in the aquarium can be turned into art.
The symbiosis between the two strong companies Kessil® and TUNZE® offers you the best selection of innovative lighting technology for aquariums and natural biotopes.
What means "Kessil®"?
“K” is for Kelvin, the unit for color temperature.
“E” is for emission of light from an LED.
“SS” derives from carbon capture and stands for energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. With a little trick, "ss" was made out of it.
“I” is for intensity from the Dense Matrix LED
“L” stands for Lambda, the unit for wavelength / spectrum. Kessil® creates very efficient and unique spectrums.
The prices listed in the catalogue are given in USD and contain a value-added tax of 0%. Additional information: